We just announced two major changes to our Sling Latino service: now customers can personalize their service with more Spanish and bi-lingual options, plus we’ve introduced a simpler pricing structure across all Sling Latino packages.
Starting today, Sling Latino customers will see some pricing changes to their existing subscriptions:
• “Best of Spanish TV,” (formerly “Paquete Total”) “Colombia” and “España” are now each $10 per month as standalone packages or $5 per month when combined with a “Sling Orange” (single-stream service) or “Sling Blue” (multi-stream service) subscription.
• Did you subscribe to “Deportes Extra” or “Películas and Novelas Extra?” You will now receive more channels at no additional cost with the Best of Spanish TV package.
• We also introduced multi-service discounts. If you subscribe to Best of Spanish TV, you can add any Sling Latino regional pack for $5 more per month. Plus, if you subscribe to Sling Orange or Sling Blue, you can add any Sling Latino standalone package to your service for $5 more per month.
With the introduction of the new Caribbean programming pack, CARIBE, Sling Latino is the first to launch region-specific Latino packages for our customers. CARIBE includes cultural and entertainment programming from Cuba and Puerto Rico, with other Caribbean programming coming soon.
CARIBE is available today for $10 per month when purchased by itself, or is available for $5 per month when added to Best of Spanish TV, Sling Orange or Sling Blue services. Subscribers will be able to watch novelas, movies, variety shows, children’s programming and music videos from CUBAMAX TV and WAPA América.
Headquartered in Miami, CUBAMAX TV imports, curates and packages the best of Cuban entertainment into one channel for distribution in the U.S. The new channel will deliver a broad range of programming, including:
• Comedy shows, such as “Vivir del Cuento,” which has been recognized as the “Most Popular Show in Cuba” for several years running. The program features comedian Luis Silva as the 80-year-old character Pánfilo who tries to navigate the realities of life in Cuba. The show recently gained additional notoriety when President Obama appeared in a sketch with Pánfilo shortly before his trip to Cuba.
• Novelas, including “Al compás del son,” a story centered on the love of Aurora and Lino, who are separated by strong social prejudices and circumstances.
• Reality competitions like “Sonando en Cuba,” a singing competition in which artists perform popular Cuban music for a chance to be coached by directors from the most renowned bands.
WAPA América, is the U.S. cable network arm of the leading broadcaster in Puerto Rico. Popular programming on WAPA América includes movies, telenovelas, plus:
• Newscasts, including “Noticentro al Amanecer” hosted by Normando Valentín, Keylla Hernández and Jorge Gelpí, “Noticentro a las 5,” the leading newscast in Puerto Rico and “Juntos en la Mañana,” where hosts Rafael José, Gricel Mamery and Ramón Gómez “El Gato” lighten up the mornings with a variety of topics.
• Comedies such as “Gana con Ganas” with comedians Danilo Beauchamp and Francis Rosas and “El Remix / Risas en Combo,” which features urban comedy by a cast comprised of elite local comedians.
• Variety shows like “Pégate al Mediodía,” which is full of catchy music, fun contests, hilarious sketches, and overall entertainment.
• Major sporting events, including the “Baloncesto Superior Nacional” (“National Superior Basketball League”) games, Puerto Rico’s most popular professional sports league.
Sling Latino also expanded its Best of Spanish TV lineup to include NBCUniverso.
General Manager, Sling Latino